- On Camp Day, 100 per cent of proceeds from sales of hot coffee and iced coffee will be donated to Tim Hortons Foundation Camps, which sends local youth from disadvantaged circumstances to a multi-year educational program at one of seven Tims Camps and current eCamp programs across North America
- Starting today, Canadians can also purchase a $2 Camp Day motivational bracelet available in one of four vibrant colours, with 100% of net proceeds donated directly to Tims Camps
Tim Hortons restaurant owners are inviting Canadians to help them celebrate the 30th anniversary of Camp Day on July 21, when 100 per cent of the proceeds from sales of hot coffee and iced coffee will be donated to support Tim Hortons Foundation Camps.
The $212 million that has been raised to-date through Camp Day has helped Tim Hortons Foundation Camps support more than 300,000 youth between the ages of 12 to 16 through a multi-year, camp and current eCamp-based program. With a rigorous strength-based learning model designed specifically for the unique needs of the youth Tims Camps serve, participants are equipped with skills like leadership, resilience, and responsibility, empowering them to open doors to their future.
Seven Tims Camps across North America run year-round summer and school programs, including a hands-on digital experience over the last year, investing in youth across different Tim Hortons communities.
A grassroots movement started by restaurant owners, but fueled by guests
It started as a grassroots fundraiser organized by Tim Hortons restaurant owners in Atlantic Canada, who pledged to set aside a day when all coffee sales would support youth in their communities. Then the fundraiser got the name "Camp Day Canada" in 1991 and went national. And over the last three decades, Camp Day has grown to become one of the most important days on the Tim Hortons calendar.
"Through the generosity and support of Tim Hortons guests and restaurant owners, we're so proud of the incredible impact Camp Day makes in helping our Foundation empower thousands of youth across Canada," says Axel Schwan, President of Tim Hortons. "Raising over $212 million to date through Camp Day is an amazing achievement and we're so excited to welcome guests in our restaurants on July 21 to make this year's fundraiser the best yet."
Supporting youth when they need us most
Last summer, realizing that the youth who participate in their programs would be disproportionately affected by the isolation brought on by the pandemic, the Foundation launched Tims eCamp, an innovative camp-inspired digital experience designed to support participants virtually. Back again this year is a new and improved version of Tims eCamp, offering participants a supportive yet challenging environment and all the resources they need to participate digitally from home.
"I am humbled and inspired by the young people at our Camps," says Graham Oliver, President, Tim Hortons Foundation Camps. "They've faced incredible challenges and still discover reserves of strength and resilience and hone skills that will guide them through life. I'm proud to say that for 30 years, Tims Camps have been there for them."
A Camp Day campaign delivered by campers in song
Tim Hortons has also launched a Camp Day awareness campaign that features real program participants sharing how their camp experiences were less about fun and games, and more about building confidence, courage and resilience. Directly written and sung by current and former Tims Camp participants, the powerful anthem "Not Child's Play" is also being released on music streaming services, with net proceeds going directly to the Foundation.
Here are ways Tim Hortons guests can participate in Camp Day this year:
- Place an order for hot or iced coffee at a Tim Hortons restaurant, or through the Tim Hortons app for pickup or delivery on July 21
- On July 21, proceeds from the sales of a Tim Hortons Take 12 — which includes 12 small coffees along with cups, dairy and sweeteners — are also being donated to the Foundation. Guests can fill out a pre-order form for a Tim Hortons Take 12 in restaurants so their whole work team or family can support Camp Day together
- Starting July 7, purchase a Camp Day bracelet for $2 in one of four vibrant colours, with 100% net proceeds going directly to Tims Camps
- Round up your order to the nearest dollar in restaurant, or in the Tim Hortons app, with 100% of the balance going to support the Tim Hortons Foundation Camps
- Make a one-time or monthly donation any time at www.timscamps.com